Wednesday 19 October 2011

Facebook and YouTube

Facebook
I have been a user of Facebook for coming up two years. I became a member first because everyone else I knew was one. So I guess, you could say, I joined because it was a fad.
At first I was on it every day, befriending just about everyone who asked to be my friend and playing all the games, owning my own farm etc. But as time has gone on, and the more changes they make to Facebook, I have become less interested in it.
I have found myself ignoring peoples friends requests, unless I actually want to know about their life, and deleting those that I don't really care about.
For me facebook has become about being able to keep in contact with friends and family that I wouldn't of keep in contact with otherwise.
I wrote a blog, earlier in this course, about an article I found on social networking. To read it click on this link.

YouTube
I think YouTube is great for entertainment.
It seems to be an ongoing fad, especially for young adult/teenagers who want their five minutes of fame. Remember all the planking episodes which were always on the news a few months back? and a little more recently kiwis stopping on pedestrian crossings, all over the world, to do the Haka?
So for those wanting their five minutes of fame its an absolutely brilliant way of doing it. Who knows maybe a few will be spotted and become famous!
My daughters have what we refer to Kids internet - KidZui - which is internet for kids. It is absolutely brilliant for all the entertaining YouTube clips, that my girls watch, and as its kids safe they can't accidentally click on a YouTube clip for an older audience. And they can be entertained for hours.

1 comment:

  1. The other night 60 minutes had a story on people that make a living through YouTube. What the people do is they display their tallent and of course get an audience, sometimes if they are lucky they will be discovered by someone who requires their paticular tallent. I guess you could call it a self marketting tool. Check this out http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/teen-pop-star-justin-bieber-discovered-youtube/story?id=9068403 its the story of how Justin Bieber was launched into stardom.

    ReplyDelete