Saturday 22 October 2011

Twitter

My first thoughts about Twitter were that it was something used by the rich and famous to let all their fans no what they were up to every minute of the day.
Not something I am terribly interested in!
But I can see the uses in it. It is a great way to spread something around really quickly, if needed, which can also work in a negative effect as well.
As I mentioned in a post, in the polytech forum, I saw an episode of Greys Anatomy, where twittering was going on during a surgery, which led to me wondering whether it was something that is widely done these days?
After a post from a fellow student, and some online research of my own, I discovered that this is something that is becoming more and more popular in hospitals and also with medical students. Apparently they are seeing the benefits for uses of Twitter, in this way, to with the learning of a medical student. This I found interesting:- http://www.shockmd.com/2009/01/23/twitter-and-doctors/
I only hope that when surgeons, doctors etc tweet about their patients they have their permission first!

No comments:

Post a Comment