Sunday 2 October 2011

Activity 11.1.1 - NewsGroups

At first glance of Google Groups I could see that this could be more beneficial than the previous lurking we did on Topica -it seemed more up to date.
I spent the first day looking around at all the different topica wondering which one to join and decided to try and find some New Zealand owned groups to narrow my search, which I found under the Oceania section.
From here I spent ages trying to settle on a topic as I wanted to join one that was always having stuff added to it and so I decided to join Ruby or Rails Oceania as I am doing this course because I want to be doing Web Design.
So from this I found out:
Members1031
ActivityLow (thats what it says but on average its about 12 a week)
DescriptionEverything Ruby or Rails in Oceania. Ask a question, solve a problem, show off your work.
LanguageEnglish
Categories
Access
Anybody can view group content
Only members can view group members list
Anyone can join
Only members can post
Messages from new members are moderated
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment