Thursday 21 July 2011

Social Networking

As I was flicking through, last weeks New Idea, at work, a few days ago, I came across an article which had the title "Is social networking a must-have tool for women?".
Just the title had my attention. It made me wonder if social networking was considered a must have tool for women.
I had never considered whether I could live without it. I mean, I have lived without it in the past, but could I live without it now that it was part of my every day life?
Could I cope if my phone and internet were cut off?
My answer? Yes I could cope without it. I would probably miss not keeping in touch with all those friends and family members that I wouldn't be in touch with if it wasn't for Facebook, but I am old enough to remember the days of writing and posting letters. So I think I would cope.
I went on to read the article, which asked two New Zealand identities, how they felt. One said that after resisting Facebook for years, she decided to just as an experience and she is now hooked. While the other, who has never joined a social networking site, feels she is not missing out on anything and doesn't feel the need to ever join one.
It leaves me wondering if the second was asked to just trial Facebook or Twitter for a month, would she still feel the same? would she be able to shut down her page and never use it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment