Saturday 15 October 2011

First Mobile Broadband Experience

As it is the school holidays, and our family is going on the first real family holiday we have ever had, I thought I should get myself a mobile broadband stick of some sort so I could continue my study while I was away.
Last monday, at 7.50pm, I went to the furtherest corner of the Duntroon domain, where according to the Vodafone lady, I should be able to get reception.
I plugged in my Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Stick and thought I would be away.
But it seems it was not as simple as that.
I only ever  got brief reception which did not allow me to do much at all. It spent 5 minutes trying to log into Second Life so I could meet with my team mates.
Then I kept getting a message saying that I could not connect to the internet as I had no mobile connection.
In the end I had to admit defeat and had to send Tobin a text to say that I would not be meeting the team tonight, hoping that when Thursday came around I would be in Dunedin and should hopefully have no problems with reception there!

No comments:

Post a Comment