Saturday 16 July 2011

My first Second Life Experience

Second Life, a second world where you can create another life for yourself and do things, be someone who you are not in real life. It is something that I have never done before and had never even considered doing before.
My very first experience with being in Second Life was a bit unnerving.
I had created my avatar, Kristjana30, and was wondering from island to island wondering how on earth I was suppose to find my fellow students in a place called Koru, as it wasn't part of the destinations offered.
I was getting random friendship requests, which I wasn't accepting, and then something happened which spooked me out and made me wonder whether I really wanted to be doing this whole Second Life thing.
I had just landed at some destination when some guy asked me if I wanted to take this to the bedroom!!!
I very quickly replied "No Thankyou" and was starting to think about getting away from there when he went on to explain that he wasn't talking to me - his wife was also there.
Whoops.
It left  me wondering, is this what alot of couples do to get romance back in thier lives?
Is this what role playing was now becoming?
What else do people get up to here?
and do I want to be apart of it?

3 comments:

  1. I can understand why a husband and wife may do this. With doing a teaching Diploma, my wife sometimes has to travel to Palmerston North (we live in Stratford, about 2 hours away). Sometimes she stays the night there as her courses are 2 days. So doing this could be something to do when you can't touch. But I admit, spooky when you think they were talking to you. My suggestions is to not answer straight away and see if someone else does first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a couple of experiences like that, one was nasty you can read about it on moodle.

    The other was kinda funny, this guy invited me back to his place so I accepted (hey I'm curious).

    I turned my back on him for a second turned back and he was completely (digitally) naked, I felt sorry for him cause I didn't know how to say in French "Sorry I'm not equipped".

    See you can be silly and still have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just noticed we have the same avatar!

    ReplyDelete