Tuesday 19 July 2011

Second Life

My Second Life experiences have gone much smoother and relaxing since the first time I had a go at using it.
I have since figured out how to find Koru and the Open Polytechnic meeting place, after playing around with all the icons, logging in, in advanced mode and generally being nosy about everything. It was definately a feeling of relief when I not only discovered how to get to Koru, but I also made my first friend from the course - Kezia Burnell, who, in her own words, saw me and decided to stalk me. Which if she hadn't I would've walked all over Koru wondering where I was suppose to be!
I have since met three others and I am looking forward to meeting everyone else and I am even more, with excitement, to the day when I turn up and everyone from our course has made it there at the same time.
Second Life, I can see now, does have its advantages when doing courses, as it gives you a chance to meet everyone and feel like you know them a bit better. It almost gives me the feeling I get when I am in an actual classroom, being able to see my classmates and having course related discussions with them.
 And if I can feel like that about a course why wouldn't it also be helpful for doing meetings for work?
Could it also, like Facebook, be a great way to meet up with family and friends, who you do not often get to see and talk to?
I think I could do more with Second Life than I had originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment