Friday 29 July 2011

Establishing social presence: Having some fun!

For an individual activity we were asked to select one cartoon, one joke with a punchline and one small sound bite and to make sure it was something that made me laugh. Not one for telling jokes (always messing up the punch line) I decided to take this as a challenge.
Now I say 'not someone for telling jokes' but this does not mean I am not a joke sort of person. I can turn a lot of situations into something to laugh about, I am just no good with actual jokes. I find the most simplest things can bring a smile to my face and the one thing that never fails to put a huge smile on my face is the sound of a laughing child/baby. I am not sure why but it gets me every time, no matter what my mood is.
So that was my sound bite, a laughing baby.
Now the cartoon? I had to trawl the Internet for this and found the following, which I think shows, because of the simplicity of it, how easily things can make me laugh.

I also found the following which I thought was funny, considering the course I am doing doing.

Now for my joke with the punch line?
This one was hard because as I mentioned jokes with punchlines do not work with me telling them so I decided to go with a invoice, I received from www.1-daysale.co.nz, which I thought funny and thought absolutely brilliant, as it was so unexpected. I mean I was expecting an invoice but not what was written on it.
Your product's been delicately removed from our shelves and has just been sent on its merry way! Our staff are rather distraught over its departure, Billy's smiling in these photos www.1-day.co.nz/billy or www.1-day.com.au/billy, but truth be told we've given him a few days off to attend a counselling course for 'emotional and psychological detachment'. He's currently putting on a brave face and holding it together - he reassures us his undies are changed daily and he's focused on the next task at hand.
Ray on the other hand, Billy's right hand man and our Warehouse Head Honcho, jumps for joy every time a parcel leaves the building - it frees up space for all the new stock! He was so excited when your parcel left today that he accidentally put petrol in his diesel Ute and stuffed the mechanics. Luckily your package won't be travelling with him - it's with Courier Post - a far more reliable source, and it's on its way today, to your home or workplace.
It just seemed so random, but makes me want to buy more off them in the future. Which also makes me think why don't more companies do stuff like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment