Tuesday 16 August 2011

The New/Late Comer

For the last few weeks team Roughnecks has consisted of just the three of us - Craig(our leader), Tobin, and myself. We have known that there should have been another two - Tom and Cindy. But none of us had heard anything from them since our class had been divided into teams of five.
Where were they?
What had happened to them?
Had they somehow been held back from enlisting?
Or had they been captured by the enemy before they could meet with us?
Then yesterday I was doing my daily email check when I noticed Tom had contacted me, with an explanation for why he had not been able to join us. It turns out he had been away and now that he was back he was asking me to brief him on team Roughnecks activities and to offer some input.
How do I feel about this new or late comer to our team?
My first reaction was "cool Tom has finally got in touch, he is still about".
I automatically emailed him back with what Roughnecks had so far done and when and where we were meeting next. He came through with some good ideas that I think we should look into and seemed to have had a good explanation for not being in touch sooner.
I admit before Tom contacted me I wasn't feeling very happy, with the two team members that hadn't bothered to make contact, but as soon as I got Toms email I was happy that I finally had an explanation for at least one of them. I suppose its because I am quite a forgiving person.
Now I am wondering how the rest of my team members are feeling.
Are the excited as I am that we now have a new team member to bounce ideas off?
Are they feeling hesitant about whether he is going to stick it out?
or do they hold bad feelings towards him?
I guess we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment